- Four-color hardbound 8 1/2" by 11" with 448 pages and more than 600 photographs and illustrations.
- Five years of research and writing brings you inside the state's political households.
- Brimming with historical and political anecdotes.
- A time line of historical information on Missouri's governors
- Fascinating and humorous sidebars.
- A keepsake first edition. The perfect gift!
About the Author
Jean Carnahan grew up in Washington DC, but spent most of her life in Missouri, where she worked alongside her husband Governor Mel Carnahan and served as Missouri's First Lady. In 2000, when her husband was elected to the U.S. Senate posthumously, Jean went to Washington in his place, becoming the first woman from Missouri to serve in the U.S. Senate. Now retired, the former First Lady of Missouri is a motivational speaker, political activist, and blogger. She is the author of A Little Help from My Friends, The Tide Always Comes Back, and I'm a Humdinger.
Published by MMPI LLC, 1998. Hardback, 448 pages.